1. We always do our best to ensure that your vehicle is picked up and/or delivered as close as possible to your required dates. However, we do not guarantee pick up and/or delivery dates or times. Please do not pack anything in your car that you may need within a few days of the estimated delivery.
2. SFE Auto Inc. is fully insured for vehicle shipping in Canada and the United States. We will insure up to $250,000 per vehicle, however additional insurance is available if requested. If you have any questions about our coverage of vehicles and their cargo, please do not hesitate to contact us.
3. A maximum of 100 lbs. of personal effects is allowed. You may put personal articles in the trunk only. Do not put any articles in the vehicle front or back seating area. SFE Auto Inc. is not responsible for any items packed or left in the vehicle.
4. If you have a sport utility vehicle you may only pack the rear storage area. Do not pack the back seat. The items cannot be above the windows as the driver must be able to see out all windows.
5. Should the vehicle be overloaded you will be required to remove some of the contents or the driver will be unable to load the vehicle. This will be strictly enforced. Waiting time may apply and will be charged at $150.00 per hour.
6. Do not include any prescription or non-prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco products or food items in your vehicle. If our truck is delayed at the border due to any illegal or prohibited items in your vehicle, SFE Auto Inc. reserves the right to charge $150.00 per hour for every hour we are detained by Customs Officials.
7. Payment by credit card, wire transfer or e-transfer is required before the pick up of your vehicle.
8. If your vehicle must be bonded into the USA or Canada a $420.00 bond fee will apply.
9. Terms and conditions of carriage are governed by the Highway Traffic Act Ontario Regulation 643/05.
10. In the event the pickup or delivery address is inaccessible to our Tractor/Trailer units [i.e. weight restrictions, time of day restrictions, parking restrictions, bridge restrictions, overhead wires, low tree branches etc.] and a tow truck is required, all tow truck charges will be the responsibility of the shipper and/or receiver and will be over and above the transport charge.
11. If your vehicle should become inoperable during transport and it requires pushing to load and/or unload, a pusher fee of $300.00 will apply.
12. SFE Auto Inc. will not be held responsible for the mechanical condition of any vehicles as it is impossible to determine at pick up. [Many autos are shipped in an un-restored and/or vintage condition]. SFE Auto Inc. will not be held liable should any part break in transit due to normal wear and tear, decay, or old age.
13. Due to the recent security issues in the USA, American and Canadian customs and immigration regulations have become much stricter and border security tighter. Should your vehicle be detained at the border or refused entry, for any reason, all related charges for wait time, bond fees, storage and/or returning your vehicle to you will be your responsibility. [Wait time will be charged at $150.00 per hour and a bond fee is $420.00]. The original transport charges are non-refundable. We will do our best to resolve the situation at the border including trying to contact you immediately however SFE Auto Inc. cannot be held responsible should customs or immigration determine your vehicle is inadmissible or your documentation is deemed unsatisfactory, and you are denied entry.
14. SFE Auto Inc. allows vehicles in transit to be stored free of charge at our Oakville facility for 7 days. Vehicles requiring storage beyond 7 days of arrival at SFE Auto Inc.’s warehouse will be subject to storage fees of $50.00 +tax per day. The charge shall be added to the total amount owed and the entire amount shall be subject to all rights and responsibilities under the Repair and Storage Liens Act R.S.O. 1990, CHAPTER R.25. All monies paid shall be applied to the freight charges first.
15. If our driver arrives and is unable to load or unload the vehicle for any reason, wait time will be charged at a rate of $150.00 per hour.
16. Our drivers always complete a vehicle survey upon pick up, noting any damages. Please ensure that your vehicle is washed just prior to pick up so that we can properly assess its condition. Should your vehicle not be clean on pickup SFE Auto Inc. will be released of responsibility for scratches, dents and any normally visible damage that cannot be seen due to dust, dirt, snow, ice, or any other substance that prevents our driver from conducting a proper survey. At the time of delivery, you, or your agent, must inspect the vehicle with our driver and note any exceptions on the delivery receipt [Vehicle Survey] prior to signing; otherwise, the vehicle will be considered as received in good condition without exceptions. CLAIMS WILL NOT BE HONOURED “AFTER THE FACT”.
17. The head office and base of all operations of SFE Auto Inc. is in the Province of Ontario. Accordingly, every contractual relationship entered into between SFE Auto Inc. and any 3rd party, no matter where the subject 3rd party resides or carries on business, or is otherwise situated, shall be deemed to be entered into in the Province of Ontario, and shall be exclusively governed by and under the laws of the Province of Ontario, notwithstanding any services that may be rendered by SFE Auto Inc. directly or indirectly outside of the jurisdiction of the Province of Ontario in whole or in part.
18. Return of these forms constitutes a booking with SFE Auto Inc. Should you decide not to proceed with your booking please contact us in writing as soon as you are aware of the cancellation.
SFE AUTO INC. WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Damage to your vehicle caused by leaking fluids, battery acids and/or cooling system anti-freeze (originating from your own vehicle).
- Damage caused by industrial fallout or fallout resulting from acts of God.
- Articles left in the vehicle. All items left in the vehicle are at your own risk. This includes, but is not limited to, spare ignition keys, vehicle manuals, car covers, spare tires/rims, GPS DVD’s, and car jacks.
- Cracked or chipped windshields.
- It is the responsibility of the client to inform SFE Auto Inc. if wheels or rims have been painted within the last 6 months. Failure to do so will result in SFE Auto Inc. denying any claim for damage to rim paint.
- Damage or loss of loose parts or special equipment when not listed on the bill of lading and/or when not properly wrapped and stored so as to prevent loss or damage.
- Mechanical functions, including but not limited to exhaust assembly, alignment, suspension, brakes including parking brake, steering, batteries or tuning of engine because inspection of these items is not practical at time of shipment.
- Damage caused by freezing or cooling system and/or batteries. Protection from freezing will be furnished by and at the expense of the shipper. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the vehicle contains suitable antifreeze for a variety of temperatures. SFE AUTO INC. WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR DEAD OR WEAK BATTERIES AS IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO INSPECT.
- Damage to radio antennas that extend more than three (3) inches above fender or hood level.
- All customs paperwork charges including bonds and after-hours charges are the responsibility of the customer. 1 hour maximum allotted for border clearances. Extra charges shall be assessed for services rendered beyond above specified terms and conditions.